Food Assistance Programs
The food pantry receives food from a range of sources including community members and monetary donations. Additionally, our community partners include: Albertson’s Fresh Rescue, Feeding America and the San Diego Food Bank. Emergency food boxes are available at the community center for those in need in the Mountain Empire Communities.
We ask those in need to call ahead in order to ensure the food box is prepared when you arrive. Walk-ins hours are available daily from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. For additional information call 619-445-6200 ext. 500.
Other programs that provide families and individuals with food are listed on the below Food Option Sheet.
Food Option Sheet (Click to View) November 2019 Food Option Sheet
Staple food donations are continuously needed to supply the food pantry. Help us to help our community!
The following is a list of items we can ALWAYS use to help maintain our food bank. Please make sure cans are not dented at the rim or more than a 6 months past use date.
- CANNED MEAT–BEEF, CHICKEN, TUNA, PORK, SPAM
- NON-SUGAR CEREAL – OATMEAL, CHERRIOS, CRISPEX, RICE KRISPIES, etc.
- BISQUICK, CORN BREAD MIXES, CAKE MIX, PUDDINGS, JELLO CUPS
- CRACKERS, GRANOLA BARS, PROTEIN BARS
- MACARONI & CHEESE, RICE-A-RONI’S, HAMBURGER HELPER
- DRIED BEANS
- SPAGHETTI, MIXED PASTAS & SPAGHETTI SAUCE, RAMEN NOODLES
- CANNED VEGETABLES & FRUIT
- RAISINS, CRAISINS, ANY DRIED FRUIT
- PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY OR HONEY
- HERBS AND SPICES
- SOUPS—ALL KINDS INCLUDING: CHILI, RAVIOLI, STEWS
- DIAPERS—ALL SIZES AND BABY FORMULA
- PERSONAL & HOME ITEMS—SOAP, SHAMPOO, TOOTHPASTE, TOOTHBRUSHES, LAUNDRY SOAP, TOILET PAPER, PAPER TOWELS, NAPKINS, KLEENEX, SPONGES, DISH SOAP, 1ST AID ITEMS
What Makes Us Unique?
- Convenient Locations Throughout San Diego County
- Non-Profit Federally Qualified Health Center
- Provide High Quality Comprehensive Primary Health Care
- Treat All Patients, Regardless of Their Ability to Pay