Office on Violence Against Women (OVW)
Mountain Health and Center for Community Solutions (CCS) received grant
funding for the implementation of Office on Violence Against Women (OVW)
Rural Victim Services for the Mountain Empire region of San Diego. The
primary goals of the program are the following:
- Improve the capacity of the Mountain Empire service provider network to
effectively meet the needs including physical and behavioral health services
for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and
stalking and hold offenders accountable.
- Improve the safety and long-term well-being of victims of sexual assault,
domestic violence, dating violence and stalking in the Mountain Empire
region through the provision of a holistic array of civil legal, victim
advocacy, and therapeutic services.
- Work toward the realization of a violence-free region through development
of consensus-based collaboration and collaborative prevention education/social
norms change efforts.
Free and Confidential Services Provided:
- Legal services including temporary restraining orders
- Individual Therapy/Counseling (coming soon)
- Advocacy in proactive legislation and process to eliminate barriers for victims
- Assistance in accessing other vital resources for the overall well-being
of the victim
- Community training and education
For additional information please call (619) 378-5115.