Food Assistance Programs
The food pantry receives food from a range of sources including community
members and monetary donations. Additionally, our community partners include:
Albertson’s Fresh Rescue, Feeding America and the San Diego Food
Bank. Emergency food boxes are available at the community center for those
in need in the Mountain Empire Communities. Only one food box can be distributed
per family per month. We ask those in need to call ahead in order to ensure
the food box is prepared when you arrive. For additional information call
619-445-6200 ext. 500.
Other programs that provide families and individuals with food are listed on the
Food Options Sheet.
Staple food donations are continuously needed to supply the food pantry.
Help us to help our community!
The following is a list of items we can ALWAYS use to help maintain our
food bank. Please make sure cans are not dented at the rim or more than
a 6 months past use date.
- CANNED MEAT–BEEF, CHICKEN, TUNA, PORK, SPAM
- NON-SUGAR CEREAL – OATMEAL, CHERRIOS, CRISPEX, RICE KRISPIES, etc.
- BISQUICK, CORN BREAD MIXES, CAKE MIX, PUDDINGS, JELLO CUPS
- CRACKERS, GRANOLA BARS, PROTEIN BARS
- MACARONI & CHEESE, RICE-A-RONI’S, HAMBURGER HELPER
- DRIED BEANS
- SPAGHETTI, MIXED PASTAS & SPAGHETTI SAUCE, RAMEN NOODLES
- CANNED VEGETABLES & FRUIT
- RAISINS, CRAISINS, ANY DRIED FRUIT
- PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY OR HONEY
- HERBS AND SPICES
- SOUPS—ALL KINDS INCLUDING: CHILI, RAVIOLI, STEWS
- DIAPERS—ALL SIZES AND BABY FORMULA
- PERSONAL & HOME ITEMS—SOAP, SHAMPOO, TOOTHPASTE, TOOTHBRUSHES,
LAUNDRY SOAP, TOILET PAPER, PAPER TOWELS, NAPKINS, KLEENEX, SPONGES, DISH
SOAP, 1ST AID ITEMS